San Jose Group 2004-06 #4, 11"x13"x14"
Marvin Lipofsky was a giant in the lives of many of his students, an amazing number of whom went on to be full time artists and professors. His far reaching friendships brought top tier artists from all over the world to interact with students at his programs at UC Berkeley and California College of Arts and Crafts (CCAC), now California College of the Arts (CCA). His support of organizations for the furthering of glass, including the Glass Art Society and GLANC, was unwavering.
2015 GLANC Supported Events
Our major funding for 2015 went to the Glass Art Society, to support the conference in San Jose in June. We underwrote events and lectures and provided 8 students with scholarships to the conference. As local members of the glass community in the Bay Area, we wanted to do everything we could to make the conference a huge success—and it was!
GLANC members participated in a variety of events this year, including:
- Visits to the Garfinkle, Robinson, Ruskin, and Pinsky collections
- Visits to Jean Salatino and Steven Gandolfo studios, Petaluma Arts Center, and Ice House Gallery
- Visits to the studios of Robert Kehlmann, Evan Kolker, JP Long, and Bella Feldman
- Member appreciation day at the home of GLANC Board member Jim Della
- Reception and tour at the Bullseye Resource Center in Emeryville in conjunction with the GAS Collectors Tour
- Participation in the GAS conference in San Jose, including a GLANC members exhibition “Where Silica Meets Silicon Valley” at Higher Fire Gallery in San Jose
- A trip to Seattle to tour the Chihuly Boathouse, studio and gardens, the famous Pilchuck Glass School, and several artist studios
- Partial underwriting of an exhibition at the Museum of Craft and Design